Visit us on our Website
Public Safety Academy
The PSA helps and teaches students about law enforcement. We go through training and take exams that will prepare us for a career in law enforcement and criminal justice.
Transition students to their future in Public Safety careers through planning today.
- PSA Overview
- Job Shadowing
- Mission Statement
- Rights & Responsibilities
- Why the Public Safety Academy?
- Photo Gallery
Public Service Academy
• 3 year program
• 2.0 GPA
• 30 hours of community service each year
• Tuesdays: Dress for Success • Wednesdays: PT Day (physical training) • Thursdays: Uniform Day
•Recruiters: Navy, Army, Border Patrol, Firefighters, Marines, and other law enforcement officers.
• The PSA Academy helps and teaches students about law enforcement. We go through training and take exams that will prepare us for a career in law enforcement and criminal justice.
• The academy gives students the opportunity to receive hands on training by professions in the field of Public Service/Safety. Our academy bridged a partnership with the Public Safety Academy at College of The Desert. This partnership allows students to be certified and trained in various jobs and certification for post high school education.
•Receive Guard Card
Why the Public Safety Academy?
Daily Teacher Progress – Personalized attention from dedicated academy teachers
Biweekly Teacher Report of Grades – all PSA teacher will post grades at minimum biweekly to inform students of progress in class
Job Shadow Student Assistance – Teachers enable students to job shadow – increasing their work experience exposure, while not compromising the student’s academic progress
Mentor Grade Check –2 weeks prior to close of term, to ensure highest progress
CPR & First-Aid certification –trained to recognize & treat medical emergencies
Job Shadow / Internship – with public safety professionals in the area
References – from qualified business professionals
Join the CVHS Public Safety Academy- Fill out an application today in room 534!
Coachella Valley High School,Public Safety Academy Instructional Leaders.
Edna Mendoza, PSA Lead – email@example.com
Mr. Quintana, Co-Advisor -
Mrs. Montes, Co-Advisor -
Mr. Morales, Co-Advisor -firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Ortega, Co-Advisor –